Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Day 2 at Microsoft

My entrepreneurial and blogging efforts are another day closer to being over as I finished my second day as a full-time employee at Microsoft. Most of the day was taking up with a second day of NEO (New Employee Orientation). I got my official "blue" badge, a free bus pass, my email "alias", unpacked my Dell computer, enrolled in Direct Deposit for my paycheck, and drank some free chocolate milk (one of the free beverage selections).

The remaining step before I'll feel like a "real" employee is to attend my first work meeting (besides the new employee orientation). I'd rather get my first paycheck as well, just to be sure.

Oh, and I need to read the corporate blogging policy.

It was a short day since I arrived at 8:30 a.m. and left at 8:30 p.m. I'm going to try to get in by 6:30 a.m. on Wednesday and stay till about 8:00 p.m. I've got a lot of catching up to do before I'll be ahead of the curve. My manager assigned me two "peer mentors" to help me come up to speed even quicker.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home