Sunday, February 25, 2007

Your life expenctancy must be less than 100 years?

I was checking out the retirement planning calculator on the AARP web site, and entered 105 as my life expectancy, which seems reasonable to me, but the tools popped up a stern error message informing me that my left expectancy "must be" less than 100 years. Well. Who determines that?! So, I used 99 years instead. I'll probably just drop back to using my own custom spreadsheet model, where I have complete control of the model.

The good news is that at my current income, current savings rate, and reasonably conservatve rates of return (7% until retirement and 5% during retirement), and what the Social Security Administration tells me to expect for my monthly SS income, I will be able to pull in 51% of my current income. That's not great at all, but rather decent considering that I'm starting over with my savings so late in the game.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home