Sunday, May 27, 2007

Budget for other expenses for my June trip to New York City - rev 1

Oops... I forgot that I had a certificate for a free entree (steak or lobster) at the Palm steakhouse. I've adjusted my budget downwards and the new budget is shown below, compared to my previous budget...

-------------------

Although I've taken care of my flight and hotel expenses for my trip to New York City in June, I do need to finish budgeting other expenses that wouldn't be covered by my normal daily budget.

Expenses I already know about:

  • Bus fare between Newark Airport and Manhattan - $23 RT
  • Bus fare to Ocean County to visit my mother - $38.10 RT ($15.50 * 2 + $3.55 * 2)
  • Lunch premium - $35 ($5 * 7)
  • Dinner premium - $180 ($10 * 3 + $30 * 1 + 1 free + $45 * 2)
  • Misc - $50

For a total of $296.

I have tried to be overly generous on my meals budget since I know how expensive Manhattan can be and I know that I want to enjoy the visit, but I do in fact expect to come in well under budget on meals and "Misc." I have no idea what I might spend the $50 "Misc" on, but unexpected expenses or opportunities do come up.

I've added this amount to my August budget spreadsheet since that is when I would have to pay the credit card bills, assuming I incur the charges after the June statement date.

That does put a modest hole in my August budget,but I think I have enough slack in my overall budget to recover as I go through the next two months.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home