Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Should I suspend my monthly ShareBuilder investment program?

Since June I have had a modest monthly dollar-cost-averaging investment program with ShareBuilder. It is a relatively small amount of money each month, invested 100% in Microsoft (MSFT) stock. Since June, I have accumulated a much larger amount of stock in my 401k plan and via the Employee Stock Purchase Plan. At the same time, my ratio of cash to stock continues to fall and my rainy day contingency fund remains somewhat meager. So, I am considering a suspension of the ShareBuilder plan and simply saving the monthly investment money as cash in my rainy day fund. Either way, I would continue to hold the current stock in the plan. I haven't made any final decision yet, but may within a couple more months. For now, I'll stay on my ShareBuilder plan.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home