Saturday, March 22, 2008

Finished my tax prep

Vaguely in the back of my mind I knew that I needed to work on my tax prep real soon, but today was finally the day when I woke up and actually felt motivated to get it done. It only took me the morning and I got a couple of other things done as well. I actually do not do my taxes myself, but prepare a set a spreadsheets as an "organizer" plus a Word document with a list of notes for the remaining information about my situation. I then email those files off to my accountant and the result is a completed tax return ready for me to sign and mail.

I emailed my files at 12:37 p.m. today (Saturday), followed by a follow-up email to confirm that the main email and all of the attachments were received. With anti-virus software these days, you simply cannot assume that attachments always get through unmangled. I was only partially surprised when I got a reply email from my accountant only 15 minutes later. I can only imagine how busy it is at this time of year, only a little more than three weeks from April 15.

I am expecting to get a significant refund (since I did not claim any deductions), but I will have any refund applied to my estimated taxes (since I am now self-employed again) which are due on April 15.

 -- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home