Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What to do with an extra $20

I have an extra $20 bill right now. What can I do with it? That is, what can I do with it which would make a noticeable difference in my life or anybody else's life? Sure, I could simply put it in my wallet and spend it eventually on something or put it in one of my savings accounts, but it really would make a negligible difference. Even if I donated it to some allegedly "worthy" cause, would it really make any noticeable difference six months or a year from now? Sure, maybe $20 would buy a fair amount of food for some starving people somewhere in the world, but once again, what difference would that make a year from now?

Actually, I did just remember that there is something called Kiva.org which lets you participate in micro-lending around the world. I keep meaning to check into it. That may be my answer. It is a way to "make a difference" that that is not necessarily just a one-time thing or recurring cost.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home